Group Dynamics
"Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you; spend a lot of time with them and it will change your life."
I honestly could have been happier with my group and the process wouldn't have been as fun or successful without them!
I believe that I played a significant role in the process of filmmaking. I was at the forefront of the ideas, suggestion-making, and visualization of it all. I feel that my strong point was during group discussions as I felt I was able to communicate and suggest to my group the aspects and factors that would help our film look and be the best. I felt that many of my various suggestions and opinions helped make the film opening what it is! I also played a significant role on both filming days. When reaching a roadblock I was able to quickly redirect and keep driving on. For example, if we realized a certain angle just didn't look good I was able to help in finding a more appropriate and appealing angle. In addition, I contribute not only as a director on filming days but also as a happy and upbeat spirit during the process in order to ensure that everyone was not only working hard but enjoying their time as well. I knew that we would get the best results if people were happy to help and were in high spirits! Furthermore, I helped in the making of the storyboard and carrying out the storyboard layout on filming day. Overall, the filming day felt very successful and I had even surprised myself with the contribution I was able to make and was more than satisfied with how everything was coming together. Although I was a part of all class discussions my group and I had, I was unable to join calls that they had during after-school hours. There were three editing group calls that happened to be at bad times for me so I wasn't able to accommodate or be present during those times. I was dealing with personal issues and was unable to give my group the time they deserve. They were unable to change the time decided for the call since everyone else had a pretty busy schedule too, so I was unable to be included. Although I wish I could have been more incorporated in the editing process, I was still able to provide my feedback, opinions, and suggestions, such as with the designs for the title sequence, and was able to suggest parts of the opening that should be cut out. Overall, I am proud of my group and feel that I was 1/4 of a whole that made this film opening possible. I carried my weight and gave my heart and head to this project and to my group!
Desiree was a huge part of the film's opening and the process of getting there. She gave the initial suggestion for the film in the first place, suggesting that it should be able a girl struggling with an eating disorder and from there the idea developed and evolved into what it is now. Desiree the life behind and in the camera. Behind the scenes, she was passionate, opinionated, and lively in the whole process. She was willing to work hard in various different ways. She was a crucial role in the initial making of the first storyboard, she created the updated storyboard, and drew all the pictures for such storyboard! She really was dedicated to the success of the project and it showed in her hard work. She was also present at all of the editing calls and offered support, guidance, and feedback to Alexa as she edited. Now on camera, she brought that same level of awesomeness! She was the main actress in the film and did a phenomenal job! She was the main reason the film has the emotional impact it did since her acting was intense and spot on! She was a driving force in all areas of the film process and was active during it all. She more than carried her weight and I couldn't be more grateful to have her as a member of my group.
Moving on we have Lucia. Lucia was my right-hand man (or in this case woman!). I feel like me and her were the main directors of the filming process as we were the most opinions and were quick to offer suggestions to improve the film's opening. Lucia gave amazing suggestions that were able to take our film to the next level. The level of creativity she brought to the table was insanely amazing! For example, she named the film "The Art of Smiling" which I thought was the absolute perfect fit for the film. I would have never thought of such a suitable and appealing title. Lucia's creativity and natural talent for media studies shined in all areas of the process, whether it was in group discussions, on filming day, or in post-production. She helped in developing some of the fundamental ideas for the film, helped in execution during film day, and provided aid to Alexa during the editing process. Lucia really took the initiative to make the film the best it could be and every single one of her suggestions and opinions was much needed and improved the film creatively. She not only participated and carried her weight but she put everything into this project!
Finally, we have Alexa! Alexa was honestly the superhero behind the camera. I don't know how she managed to do it but she was an integral and super significant part of the product of our film opening. She was our designated editor and she did a beyond beyond beyond amazing job. I was in awe of all the work and dedication she put in. She pieced the pieces of the puzzle together and made the film what it is. I could not have done the amazing job that Alexa did from the seamless development of the shots to the transitions, cuts, title, credits, and much more. Even in pre-production she filmed every single shot and scene using her camera and took suggestions and made it a reality in regard to getting the perfect angles and camera positions. She also helped in creating designs for the title sequence and managed to make the best decisions in cutting down the opening to the required time limit. She was a crucial part of the process and we couldn't have done it without her. She was 1/4 of a whole that we couldn't afford to lose. I'm so glad to have Alexa as a part of our group as it was not only fun working with her but it was also cool to see her embrace her inner cinematographer and editor!
Comments
Post a Comment