Final idea!
So! The moment we have all been waiting for... the FINAL IDEA for the project! After long discussions, my group and I have decided to make our opening scene based on a teenager/young adult who has to always pretend to be perfect despite all the issues and hardships in her life. Essentially, she plays the role of the perfect girl having a perfect life but behind the facade and the walls she has up is a broken and hurting person. The specific idea we had for our opening would take place at a party or small get-together in which the main character would attend and she would look gorgeous and perfect as always. Although, as the party goes on many triggers occur and she struggles to suppress her emotions and breaks down in the bathroom. As she breaks down emotions and thoughts flood her head and she fights to cope and pull herself together. The audience would see her in the bathroom overwhelmed but slowly and surely revert back to the perfect girl she portrays herself to be as she hides the pain behind the pretty and perfect. The scene would end with her leaving the bathroom prepared to play the perfect girl role once again. After many varying ideas were brought up in our group discussion we landed on this one, because we thought it would be easy for a lot of people to relate to, it would be interesting, dramatic, emotional, and intense. Once we decided on the idea we couldn't wait to get working in order to portray the heartache and intensity of the story.
Although I am super excited, I am worried that the story may actually be harder to portray than expected. This is a very emotional and deep storyline that might be hard to convey to the audience unless done right. I hope that with a combination of key drama components, and intricate details that the opening of the film will come together. My excitement definitely outways my anxieties and concerns because I truly believe that my group can work together to make this opening a success. I am excited about the ideas that will come up to make our film better and I'm very excited about filming day! I feel like the day we film will be challenging but fun and absolutely a learning curve!



Comments
Post a Comment