Storyboarding Practice

 "Scream" Storyboard







https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWxSBbBX4fs





After creating my first practice storyboard I have learned so much! Before even attempting to make my own storyboard, I had to learn what a storyboard even is.  Soon I came to learn that storyboarding is like watching a movie before it is even made! If storyboarding is done right, a director or filmmaker should be able to envision and decide what their movie will look like.  Storyboarding is important since it is essentially an outline for the movie, this helps the filmmaker organize and direct their thoughts in order to figure out what they want their movie to look like and what resources will be needed to complete the job. In a good storyboard, mise en scene, sound, camera work, and editing are all key components in order to get a true gauge of what the movie is intended to look like. Storyboarding can be challenging since it may be difficult to try and convey all the intricate details of your movie through drawing especially if you arent an artist, and clearly I am no artist. Luckily I learned that you don't need to be artistically skilled to storyboard as they are simple ways to showcase the point you are trying to make or you can simply add text to explain anything you are unable to draw. Storyboarding is a fascinating and essential tool for prepping before the film is being made. 



Comments

Popular Posts