Editing Day 1
Editing!
Putting all our hard work and efforts, and shots and scenes together to create the final piece!
Our group’s established editor was Alexa! We all planned to aid her in her efforts so she wouldn’t have to carry the burden of editing all in her own! Alexa has a iMac computer which came in handy as the computer has the iMovie application and is where the editing for our film took place! I could not wait for the editing process as I was excited to see our film opening finally come together!
Things did not go as planned.
It all started when Alexa texted the group chat, we had made and designated to discuss all the Media Studies project related. She had said that our video was way too long and that we would have to make some major cuts! Of course we all panicked but wanted to rush to her aid in order to help in solving this issue. Unfortunately, I was having personal issues at the time of this film crisis and could not provide my help to the group. I did not want to delay the editing process on my behalf, so Desiree and Lucia helped Alexa without me. Keeping me updated in the group chat I knew they were mainly focusing on trying to get the opening scene from 3 minutes and 34 seconds to the designated limit of 2 minutes. Eventually, they succeed in their mission after cutting out aspects of our original film such as the montage sequence and the initial character introduction(Rachel/Desiree coming out of the car and walking to the house) Although I loved these parts of the film it was absolutely necessary to cut them out and it made the most sense to choose these particular scenes to remove, so Alexa, Lucia, and Desiree made a good call.
On to the next issue…
The video simply would not send! Alexa was trying to recurve feedback from the group and could not unless we all actually could see and watch the film opening. She tried everything to send us the video (Google Drive, Office 365, email, text message), but nothing was successful. At this point, Lucia and Desiree joined a group call with Alexa in order to sort out this issue and actually be able to watch the video. Unfortunately, this was the same time I was dealing with a personal matter but I was glad Lucia, Desiree, and Alexa were willing and able to work on the editing decisions and I trusted them fully (rightfully so because our film looks beautiful, so they did a beautiful job on editing decisions)
I’m the group discussions we had all agreed that we wanted to film opening to radiate a summer, fun, vibrant, and energetic feel and a huge component in creating this aesthetic and vibe was the coloring of the film. The filters associated with the opening scene help in setting the mood and tone for the whole film. Desiree, Lucia, and Alexa kept this in mind when choosing a filter for the film opening! One of my favorite aspects of the editing outcome was the look of the film opening. It looks super bright and saturated just like we had wanted! They chose a “vintage” filter for the movie opening and it really added saturation and liveliness to the opening of the film
Above is our amazing editor Alexa! Our group is so lucky to have her! I’m so proud of our group and I’m grateful for their work towards the editing process.



Comments
Post a Comment