Editing Day 2

 

Editing Day 2!



And the fun continues...


In all honesty, I have not been a part of the editing process as much as I would have liked to and that's on me. As mentioned before I have been having some personal issues and this has consumed most of my time, but I am so grateful that I have a hardworking and supportive group at my side. My group has been keeping me updated on the progress and they have come a long way! I'm so excited to share the editing process with you guys!

This editing day was mostly focused on audio, credits, and figuring out the title. 

Since I wasn't there to be hands-on with the editing(Alexa was the one actually physically editing) or on the face time call( Desiree and Lucia called Alexa to provide their help and opinions), I was only able to watch the work they did and provide suggestions and happiness after the fact. After watching the video, the sound came out GREAT! In our group discussions, we had established that we wanted to incorporate two audio-related aspects into our opening scene, in particular the bathroom scene. These two components were a voice-over to act as the main character's voice as she thinks inside her head, so the audience is able to be included in her thoughts. In addition, we wanted to include a heartbeat to emphasize and indicate the panic the main character is facing. Alexa, Desiree, and Lucia were able to make this plan of ours come to life! The two components of the scene really added to the intensity and better understanding of what is happening. After watching the video I only had two suggestions being that I think that the heartbeat should increase at ceratin high energy or worrisome moments instead of at the same pace or monotone throughout. I believe that this will make the heartbeat more effective and influential as it can better create intensity and showcase how the character is feeling. Moreover, Lucia and I agreed that the echo/voice-over isn't clear enough, so making the works more decipherable and understandable is definitely something for the next editing day to tackle. So looks like our work in editing isn't quite done yet...

On the same day, my group members worked on adding credits to the scenes and I honestly love how it turned out. From even little details to the placement and font of the credits, turned out amazing! I think all the choices they made really added a high level of quality while also making the opening film seem professional. After watching the video I was so impressed with how close it looked to a real authentic movie and I believe it's overlooked factors such as the credits that really add this real movie feeling to the film project. My group did a fantastic job in this editing aspect and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out. they did our hard work justice by making sure the film looks as good as possible.




Another challenge that came about with the title! In our group discussions, we had mentioned that a powerful part of our film would be the title being plastered across a close-up of the main character's face. In particular, we wanted the title to go across the main character's eyes in order to emphasize her ingenuine, and inauthentic smile to showcase the pain and her she is truly feeling behind the fake smile. The issue was that they could not place the title directly over the eyes! iMovie would let them place the text over the eyes but wouldn't let the text stay there permanently. This was something they were not willing to give up on since we all agreed this was a crucial part of our film but decided that it would have to be an obstacle we tackle another day.




Above is how we want the title to look and where we want it to be placed but the iMovie application would not allow the title to stay in the position, it would immediately bring it to the top of the screen and this was not ideal. A challenge to be conquered another day...



Our beautiful editor Alexa!!! 





Comments

Popular Posts