Filming day 2...The Fun Continues!

 Filming Day Two!



Our second day of filming was by far one of my favorites yet in this whole process! From the laughs to filming successes we had, it was just a great day! A beautiful day with beautiful people all in the name of creating a beautiful film project! :)


On our second filming day we filmed on February 18th at Lucia's house with the company of our friends, Naline, Jacob, Wayra, and Natasha( and of course, all group members were there, including myself, Lucia, Desiree, and Alexa). Overall, I was so happy and proud of everyone's efforts! From our extras' amazing acting to Alexa's determination to get the perfect angles and shots (which she did!), to Lucia's amazing suggestions, to Desiree's perfection at being our main actress! I was so excited to be a part of the production, giving my input and trying to make sure the film was meeting our dreams and expectations. I feel like my biggest contribution was figuring out how to get the shot that we wanted exactly how we envisioned it or even better. We had discussed how we wanted the shots to look in our discussions, but when actually filming we had to really decide the best way to make our visions come to life, and as a group, I think we did an amazing job.


We initially began filming in the front of the house, the main character's introduction scene (her coming out of the car and walking to the house). We proceeded to the backyard with our extras to film the party, the questions, montage, establishing shot, along with all the other various shots we included. Lastly, we went inside to film an argument/fight scene between Desiree and Natasha! I thought getting everyone on the same page would be difficult and that it would be challenging filming with so many people, but it was quite the opposite. Filming with everyone brought a level of excitement, energy, and fun to the film while everyone was also ready to get to work!



Above is where we shot the scene for the main character getting questioned by her friends along with additional shots such as shots of the setting and of the props including a solo cup and a speaker (allowing us and soon the viewers to get the vibe of the movie). Here we also shot scenes including Desiree entering the party, greeting everyone and shots of the party as a whole.

Here is one of my personal favorite scenes... the fight scene! After seeing the acting that took place I think Natasha, Jacob, and Desiree have a future in their career! I was hilarious seeing them pretend to argue and fight but it felt so realistic and authentic I was so proud!

Everything about this day was either close to ideal or perfect! Lucia's backyard was the perfect setting, I have the most amazing group, and we were so fortunate to have our friends support our project! At some point, we couldn't hold in the giggles which posed a challenge but we got the job done and I couldn't be happier!
I can't wait to see how everything turns out in editing!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts