Slight Touches!

 

Slight Touches!


"Two heads are better than one"

Well although two heads are better than one, my group has four heads so looks like I'm the lucky one! My group and I decided to put our heads together (don't worry we didn't involve any literal cones like in the picture above! but the process was just as effective and fun!). 

Today in class, Alexa was showing our rough draft opening film to me, as well as to the rest of the group members so that we could give her our feedback and two sense. We all agreed that the film's opening was coming together wonderfully and we couldn't have been more ecstatic, but there were a couple small touches that could be made and they ended up making a huge difference! 

First off, I pointed out that I loved the effect the heartbeat audio had on the scene as it created intensity and emotion, but I felt and said that I think the audio could be revised to be even more effective. I suggested that the volume of the audio be loudest when she first enters the bathroom as this is when her heart is feeling the heaviest as the character is the most stressed and anxious. I also included that the volume remains at this same high volume up until someone knocks on the bathroom door as afterward is when Rachel has to pull herself together and calm down therefore, her heart shouldn't be the loudest focal point of this portion since she won't be as panicked or flustered. Initially, the heartbeat audio was monotone and remained stagnant for the whole scene which took away from the audio's full potential and the full effect it could have on the scene. After editing to my suggestion, the video was improved and the effect of the heartbeat was powerful, intentional, appropriate, and significant in the meaning and emotional component of the scene.

Moreover, Lucia pointed out that a section of the video didn't seem smooth nor seamless, so we should cut that part out entirely. When filming we had attempted to record a pan and although portions of it were successful parts of it weren't clean and ended up being shaky and inconsistent, therefore we cut that part out. Lucia's suggestion aided the film in that it clean up the scene and elevated the quality of the film's opening. Saying we are amateur filmmakers is an over-exaggerated statement so it is no surprise that our film's opening has imperfections but suggestions like Lucia's helped our video look as professional as possible. When watching the film's opening, I would have never thought to make such a suggestion so having Lucia as a group member proved vital!

Desiree also made the suggestion that some scenes and portions of the film were oddly long and needed to be shortened. I very much agreed with this comment. Some scenes had awkward pauses or carried on for too long which made the film's opening seem unnatural and uncomfortable.  Luckily for us, this was an easy fix. Alexa managed to just cut off the ends of certain clips and scenes which made the film's opening more seamless, consecutive, and consistent.

We were all able to make suggestions and fix the minor issues but evidently small issues had big outcomes. Without everyone contributing and putting all our thoughts and suggestion together the film wouldn't have been the best it could be. We all offered different insights and perspectives that the others didn't bring which helped in producing the best possible outcome. Slight touches had major implications and significantly improved our film! Looks like four heads are better than two!!! 


Comments

Popular Posts