Stay Tuned?
Stay Tuned?
- "The choices we make today create the future that we are dreaming of"—Kapil tetarwal.
In making our opening for our film, we were unable to have total creative freedom to do whatever we so pleased due to limiting factors such as time restrictions and equipment inaccessibility. Which had me thinking... Why stop here?
In filming, we had to cut out minutes worth of footage which means a lot of ideas and scenes were tossed out the window, but that doesn't mean they are lost forever! For example. I was really excited about the montage portion of the film's opening that we had envisioned but due to a time limit, the entirety of the montage was deleted and remained unused. This was extremely disappointing since I felt the montage added a cool and movie-like aspect to the film's opening. The montage included static shots of different objects relevant to the storyline, such as the main character's lip gloss, a red solo cup, the sunset, the pool, the music speaker, the character's dancing, and various other shots. The montage was extremely visually appealing and improved the entire ambiance and energy of the movie. In the end, we decided that we had to cut out the montage because the content and storyline of the movie were more pressing and valuable than the additional ambiance establishment. We still incorporated shots that displayed the setting such as the establishing shot and pan shot so we felt the montage wasn't essential to the film's opening (although it was so cool and pretty!). Losing the montage pushed me to think about continuing the film!!! I enjoyed filming so much that I wondered if buying the appropriate equipment and trying to produce and direct a whole movie would be in my near future!
In addition, my group and I couldn't even consider utilizing shots such as aerial shots and crane shots due to the lack of professional equipment available to us. I hope for the future that I could possibly think of ways to mimic or actually achieve these shots in future filming projects or personal projects of mine! The future has endless possibilities that await!
Furthermore, we also had to cut out scenes of the opening to the film such as the various questions Rachel was prompted with throughout the duration of the party. Instead, she was only asked two questions, one about her boyfriend and the other about her weight. We had intended for each question to escalate in intensity and for the character to build up with emotions to the point where she explodes, but instead, we had to settle for a quicker-paced escalation. In the future, I would like to remake the opening to the film the way my group and I had envisioned it ideally, so it would include components such as the montage and all the question scenes that ended up being cut out.
Overall, I wouldn't say our journey is completely over! You may have to stay tuned for future film projects or to see a continuation or revision of " The Art of Smiling"(this current media studies project)!
Until next time! Bye!



Comments
Post a Comment